We Exist to improve the financial lives of its member-owners
Looking back over the years:
On May 10, 1950, Wellness Federal Credit Union was organized under a Federal Charter for civilian employees. There were 10 charter members and the Credit Union was named Wellness Civilian Employees Federal Credit Union (WCEFCU). The Charter was changed on July 12, 1960, to accept military personnel into the field of membership. The name was changed at the same time to the current name "Wellness Federal Credit Union."
Wellness Federal Credit Union has seen tremendous growth over the years that has allowed us to expand into many neighboring communities. Currently, Wellness Federal Credit Union has over 76,000 members with over $1.05 billion in assets.
May 10, 1950
The Credit Union was organized under a federal charter as the Wellness Civilian Employees Federal Credit Union. Ten members started $1,000 in combined capital.
The charter was changed to accept military personnel as members and the name was changed to Wellness Federal Credit Union.
The Credit Union moved into its first free standing location on the Wellness post.
The Credit Union opened a second location.
The first Elizabethtown Branch opened.
A two-story addition was completed at the Pershing branch, greatly expanding the Credit Union's member service operations.
1980's to date
More branches are opened across the country in different locations.
WFCU and the Community
Wellness Federal Credit Union believes in the importance of being involved in the communities we serve, and we do our part to make them better places in which to live. We strive to maintain a positive relationship with not just our members, but with every member of the community. Many Wellness employees are actively involved in community service, helping at non-profit organizations, schools, community events, etc. In addition, the credit union donates funds to a large number of neighborhood sponsorships, and distributes grants to a wide array of foundations.